CHALLENGE 2 COMING SUMMER 2016
This challenge seeks to identify wearable technology concepts and mobile application solutions that transform healthcare outcomes by addressing behavior management in patients with chronic disease.
These patient-centered technologies will contribute to a future of highly personalized patient experiences and treatment plans. They may reduce the total cost of care, improve the quality of care, enhance the speed of care, and/or improve access to care.
- View the Needs Document for full contest details, guidelines, and requirements.
- See Official Challenge Rules for further details.
STRUCTURE & REWARDS:
This Challenge has two distinct phases:
- Phase 1 – up to 10 winners will receive an initial cash prize of $1,000 USD and be eligible to participate in Phase 2!
- Phase 2 – up to 3 winners will have an opportunity to receive additional development funding from a discretionary prize pool of $15,000 USD in addition to co-development opportunities, access to clinical laboratories and patients, access to product/service feedback, access to large teaching hospitals, and more!
Propose a solution that improves the chronic disease patient or family experience through wearables or a smartphone app.
Solutions should be focused on healthy lifestyle issues that may contribute to a more informed, proactive patient and provider experience, not on clinical outcomes or patient.
Your solution should impact one or more of the following:
- Patient and family;
- Hospital departments and staff;
- Facility work flow and integration; or,
- Patient home and work environment.
Phase 1 Entries:
In Phase 1, the submission (“Entry”) is a two minute, non-publicly available video describing your wearables technology idea. In this phase only, multiple, but clearly distinct, submissions per Entrant are allowed.
Only Phase 1 Winners will be eligible to participate in Phase 2.
Phase 2 Entries:
In Phase 2, the submission (“Entry”) will be focused on the maturity of your idea and the technologies utilized. Learn more here.
Learn about chronic disease, wearables technologies and the Challenge Sponsors here.
DATES HAVE CHANGED. SEE REVISED TIMES ON CHALLENGE WEBSITE.
See Official Rules for details. Contest opens on July 30, 2015. Must submit at least one Entry by September 25, 2015 to be eligible. To participate, must be 18 or older and U.S. citizen or otherwise qualified. No purchase necessary. Void outside U.S.